Explore the stunning landscapes of Bulgaria with its two main mountain ranges, the Balkan and the Rhodope Mountains. Marvel at the country’s rich biodiversity and natural wonders, including the unusual rock formations at Belogradchik Rocks. Experience the wellness benefits of Bulgaria’s many mineral water springs and spas in a country renowned for its natural beauty.
- Bulgaria has two main mountain ranges: the Balkan Mountains and the Rhodope Mountains.
- Bulgaria is also the third most biodiverse country in Eastern Europe, with over 3,500 vascular plant species and 415 bird species.
- The highest point in Bulgaria is Mount Musala, which stands at 2,925 meters, while the lowest is the Black Sea.
- Forests cover about one-third of the country’s land area.
- Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, is located near Vitosha Mountain.
- One of the country’s attractions is the Belogradchik Rocks, unusual rock formations with interesting names and stories.
- Bulgaria is also known for its natural mineral resources and has many top-rated spas and centers for health tourism. It is home to more than 250 natural mineral water springs.
- Find out more about the geographical opportunities and challenges that Bulgaria faces.