Yes, you can consider Bulgaria safe to visit with kids. Bulgaria is known for its friendly and welcoming people. However, as with any less-familiar destination, it’s vital to take basic safety precautions and be aware of your surroundings. Some general recommendations for traveling with kids in Bulgaria include:
- Keep eyeing your children, especially in busy tourist areas or public spaces.
- Teach your kids basic safety measures, such as not talking to strangers or accepting gifts from them.
- Be mindful of traffic when walking around the city, especially when crossing roads.
- Take care when swimming in the sea or other bodies of water, and ensure a responsible adult supervises children at all times.
- Make sure your children are up-to-date with their vaccinations and take any necessary precautions against insect-borne diseases.
Following these simple precautions and using common sense can ensure a safe and enjoyable trip for you and your kids in Bulgaria. GuideBG provides a chapter for kids to learn about essential values, Bulgaria’s politics, economics, and development. These short essays are easy to read and will make your kids learn while traveling within Bulgaria and afterward.