There are several options for getting from Sofia airport in Bulgaria to your hotel or city center:
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside of the terminal. You can take a metered taxi or negotiate a flat rate with the driver beforehand. The journey from Sofia airport to the city center should take 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Public Transportation: Bus Line 84 runs between the airport and Sofia city center, with stops at key locations. The journey takes around 25-30 minutes.
- Metro: Metro line M2 from the airport to the Serdika station. This is a fast and budget-efficient option, with trains leaving every 15 minutes and taking 26 minutes to reach the city center.
- Car rental: You can rent a car at Sofia airport. Renting a car on the spot is always more expensive than planning. We recommend you plan your car rental options. You can use our “Renting a car in Bulgaria” resource to find more information.
- Private transfer: You can book a private transfer in advance to take you directly from the airport to your hotel. This convenient option eliminates the need to navigate public transportation or haggle with taxi drivers. If this is your choice, we will be happy to assist you.