If you’re on a business trip to Sofia and have limited time, here are some of the places you must see in Sofia:
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral – one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in the world and a symbol of Sofia.
- National Palace of Culture – a cultural center and conference venue houses exhibitions, concerts, and events.
- Vitosha Boulevard – a famous shopping street and pedestrian area with various shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- National Art Gallery – a museum that houses a collection of Bulgarian and foreign art, including works by renowned artists.
- Saint Sofia Church – a well-preserved Byzantine church that is one of the oldest in the city and gives the town its name.
- City Garden – a peaceful park in the center of Sofia with fountains, benches, and a central pond.
- The National Museum of History – a museum that chronicles the history of Bulgaria and its people.
- National Opera and Ballet – a landmark building home to the Bulgarian National Opera and Ballet.
- National Theatre building – the building was built in 1904 and is considered one of Sofia’s most beautiful and essential architectural landmarks
These are just a few places you must see in Sofia, but there are many other attractions and cultural experiences to explore.